·What is a community manager
“The Community Manager is a digital marketing professional responsible for the management and development of the online community of a brand or company in the digital world.”
·What does a Community Manager do?
The community manager has as main 5 functions:
1.- Creation and management of contents.
2.- Analytical. Monitoring of all parameters: engagement, community growth, ROI*, social web traffic …
3.-Communication with the community. Create audiences, humanize the brand and generate value.
4.- Planning of digital marketing actions.
5-Work and improve the visibility of the brand in the digital world. What will directly affect the digital visibility index and online reputation.
*A tool to analyze the performance that the company has from the financial point of view
·Community Manager Methodology
The brand can not be owned by its manager, since it has to develop a brand’s own style, not using the manager’s own.
For this, a style guide is developed where we mark, for example:
– Tone of the message: if it is a formal or corporate tone, more informal, closer …
– The types of sources: the use of capital letters and exclamations.
– Graphic style: for illustrations photographs and all the resources used by the brand.
The type of language and way of writing …
·Errors to be avoided by a Community Manager
Now one of the most common mistakes:
– Never believe that the account of the brand you manage is yours, you only manage it, nothing else.
– Never give answers that are not consistent or consistent with the brand and its style.
– You must always ratify all sources of information.
– Beware of the excessive use and abuse of hashtag, it can get tired or overwhelm the public.
– Of course, never use tools that you do not know in depth. Experiments at home or with your personal blog.
·Some extra tips
– Training and more training: the profession of digital marketing in general and the community in particular needs continuous training since it is a new and needs continuous renewal.
– Modify, correct or enhance the lines and actions that have worked best.
– Plan your actions you have to have a Social Media Plan and a Digital Marketing Plan.
– Ask for help and advice: when you do not know how to do something, ask for help. Search for tutorials, launch your question in forums of professionals like you, ask a blogger …
I hope it help to understand better the community manager’s wold.