LiteSpeed Web Server, is a proprietary web server software. It is the fourth most popular web server, estimated to be used by 10% of websites as of July 2021. LSWS is privately developed by LiteSpeed Technologies.
This popular web server software also offers top-notch security. For example, it has built-in features that help prevent Distributed Denial Of Service (DDOS) attacks.
Here are the pros and cons so you can better understand what LiteSpeed is:
· LiteSpeed can handle multiple concurrent connections while using minimal server resources.Therefore, it can be an excellent option if you prioritize speed.
· Another significant advantage is “zero downtime maintenance,” meaning that you can restart the server and update the software without compromising your website’s availability to users.
· LiteSpeed offers a variety of customizable security features, including per-IP connections and bandwidth throttling.
· Additionally, LiteSpeed is compatible with various hosting panels, including cPanel, Interworx, Plesk, DirectAdmin, and VirtualAdmin.
There are two primary detractors for LiteSpeed:
· It does not support Windows, which eliminates it as a candidate for many companies.
· The free, open-source version is not compatible with Apache, which moderately limits its utility because of how ubiquitous Apache is.
Finally, please note that you can use the free version of the software, OpenLiteSpeed. Once you’ve set up your server for your WordPress website, you can also install the LiteSpeed Cache plugin to further improve its performance. In general, these tools can work together to drive your site and deliver a better user experience.
I hope yoI hope you enjoyed and learned how this server works!